Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New Zealand has The Best Ball Boys in the World

(Riley) 
(Enzo)

Happy New Year! Enzo and I are still here, and are both well. Since I last posted I turned eight in September and Enzo celebrated his 3rd birthday two weeks ago. Time flies. We haven't posted for ages.  Have you forgotten us? We hope not.  Every once in a while our Personal Assistant (a.k.a. Dogsbody) looks at our favourite dog blogs and tells us about what our good friends in Blogville are up to. Unfortunately she is very hard to train beyond the basics of feeding us on demand, opening and closing doors for us several hundred times a day, taking us for walks, buying us toys, playing games with, brushing us, driving us around town, positioning her feet for us to lie on, collecting our fur from the floor, taking us to the beach and on holiday, etc. We keep trying to teach her new tricks like "write more frequently about us on our blog" but she gets easily distracted and mutters something about all the other things on her Roundtuit List. Maybe this year we will get her better trained!

In the meantime, Enzo and I have developed a new interest in tennis (including watching the "Heineken Open" which is currently being played here) after seeing this video for the "2015 ASB Classic" in Auckland last week. Venus Williams won.




Are you a retriever? What skills and experience would you write on your application to get a job like this?

Woofs,
Riley and Enzo

9 comments:

sprinkles said...

Happy New Year! And welcome back. We've missed you.

rottrover said...

Hi Guys! Happy New Year!!

Bart, Ruby and Otto

Molly the Airedale said...

It's great to see the two of you! Happy New Year, Riley and Enzo!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

How Sam Sees It said...

Hi! Welcome back! Happy belated birthday for both of you, and Happy New Year!

I think our pups wouldn't be able to add ball dog to their resume - Harlow would take off and hide them and Monty would need to see what he was getting out of it first.

Monty and Harlow

WFT Nobby said...

Hi Riley
Great to hear from you and Happy New Year!
I am a terrier so I would put 'digging' on my application from. Sure to get me a job at Wimbledon, yes?
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Humans are furry odd khreatures!

So much busy 'stuff' -

As fur the balls, GO FUR IT!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

WFT Nobby said...

Hi Riley (and your mum!)
Many thanks for the thoughtful comment on Bertie's blog today. I am still in shock at how fast my mother has deteriorated. I had previously thought of Parkinsons as something that developed slowly, as seems to have happened with your father, but now I learned there are different types. At Christmas my mother was moving around OK and had no memory problems or confusion. Over the past week I've seen her worsen by the day.
The kind thoughts from friends around the world are a source of comfort.
Hope all's well with you at the moment.
Cheers, Gail

KB said...

I'm so glad that you're back!!!! I hope you're enjoying your summer. I LOVED the video!!! Either of my dogs would say that their love of tennis balls qualifies them for that plum job!

World of Animals, Inc said...

We hope you all enjoyed wonderful birthdays this past year. The video that you shared is just the best. It will make us fans of tennis more if we saw dogs retrieving the balls. Thanks for the share. Have a great day.
World of Animals