Friday, February 11, 2011

Puppy photos

If you read my last post you’ll know that very soon I’m getting a puppy! Last Saturday I was lucky enough to be invited by the breeders to go with my humans to meet their ten puppies. The puppies were 5-1/2 weeks old, and my humans got to go inside the fenced area and play with the puppies. I was outside the fence, but that was OK as they followed me around, and I also got to say hello to the four other big Golden Retrievers that were there.

Here are some more photos for you.













Seven of the ten puppies are boys, and we want to get one of the boys. They are 6 1/2 weeks old now, and in a week or so my humans will visit the breeder again to pick our puppy, and bring him home a few days after that. How will they pick? Which will it be? I don’t know, because they all seemed so different in colour and how they acted!


Mum and dad said they like the paler ones (like me!) and as a general rule the colour on the tip of a Golden Retriever puppy’s ear is meant to be a guide to what the coat will look like when that dog is older.










They were all so cute it will be hard to decide on just one, but everyone tells me I’m going to really enjoy having a little brother following me around, chewing on my ears, and playing with my toys. They are already good at the following part!







As for names – there have been all sorts of suggestions. First they tried to find a name that went with my name, but it is hard to think of a name that goes with "Riley". The trouble is that many of the names that my family like are the names of their friend’s children or pets. They both liked the name Bailey, but then mum met three dogs named Bailey in one day! I think they have chosen a name they agree on (and can call without too many other dogs coming in the dog park, or it being the surname of their next door neighbour (with their first dog, new people moved in next door, so mum felt very felt conscious calling her dog or telling him off!).They will see how the name suits our new pup before saying what it is!

Bye for now,
Riley

13 comments:

Maxmom said...

AWWWWWWW! PUPPIES!
I am so excited for you guys! I wish I was there to give those sweet little ones a special cuddle. I can't wait to see which one you choose and to hear what you have called him. I suppose you are counting the days to puppy puddles.
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

Homer said...

Look at all these cute little puppies! we can't wait to find out who is the lucky one to be choosen!

Love,
Homer

Sheila and Bob said...

Golden puppies, their is nothing cuter.....
As for a name, you can always use "HAMISH", I guarantee nobody else will come when you call that name.....BOL....BOL

Hamish & Sophie

Corbin said...

Those are some super sweet lookin' puppies!
-Corbin

Piappies World said...

Hello Riley!

They are all so adorable. It is so difficult to just have to choose one. They are so cute following you around there.

We are excited to meet your lil puppy brother soon. Who would be the lucky puppy. We will definitely watch out for it.

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & Forgie

Molly the Airedale said...

We are so excited that you are getting a new brother soon, Riley! The pups are all so cute!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I wonder which one will choose YOUR furamily to be his?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

meowmeowmans said...

Oh, they are just adorable! We can hardly wait to see who your family chooses! :)

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE photos! OMG! I want one!!

Can't wait to hear what the name will be. Keep taking lots and lots of photos!

Mrs. JP said...

That is cute overload! How to pick just one!! We can't wait to see what a good big brother Riley will bee.

Homer said...

This message is for Riley's mom (we hope we get it right). We want to wish her a Happy Birthday. And, not forgetting Happy Valentine's Day to everyone too!

Love,
Homer

Piappies World said...

Happy Hearts Day, Riley!

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & Forgie

Amber-Mae said...

Hi Riley! Thank you for dropping by my blog & leaving a comment too. You are one handsome Golden Retriever & those puppies are ubber cute! I bet you & your hoomies are very excited to bring one of them back home.

Yes, the spot, or a "beauty mark" as I call it only developed later in my life. It 1st started as a tiny black dot & then as the months went by, it just got bigger & bigger & bigger. Now it has stopped growing. In the beginning my hoomie Melissa thought it was some kind of dirt so she tried scrubbing it off but it just wouldn't come off BOL!

Anyway, great meeting you, you have a nice blog & I'll be adding your blog to my friends list.

Will be sure to visit your blog often!